top of page
  • Bailey Porras

OSU Analysis: The Ohio Medical Marijuana Program to Date


Ohio’s medical marijuana program has been going strong for years now, and hundreds of thousands of residents have their medical marijuana cards! If you don’t already have yours, we can help!


Ohio State University conducts reports on the program in order to show how it has evolved over the years. Their most recent report measures both the growth of the program and the satisfaction of the patients involved with it.


In this blog, we will talk about the findings of that report and what they mean.


Report Statistics

This report has been conducted before, but this is the first time the level of satisfaction from Ohio residents has been higher than 50%! The findings of the report show that 56.1% of the respondents showed some level of satisfaction with the program.

  • 15.3% reported that they were extremely satisfied

  • 40.8% reported that they were somewhat satisfied

  • 35.5% of respondents reported some degree of dissatisfaction with the program

Last year, 55.1% of respondents reported some degree of dissatisfaction, so this shows significant improvement!


The program also saw a 44% increase in medical marijuana patients with active recommendations in the last year. However, they saw a decrease in the number of physicians with a certificate to recommend marijuana to patients.


Of the people who took the survey, 94% were registered as patients in the program. The other 6% said they did not use marijuana for two reasons:

  • The high cost of medical marijuana

  • The cost and difficulty of getting a recommendation from a doctor

The respondents were asked what would make them happier with Ohio’s program, and they said:

  • Legal protection for those who use medical marijuana

  • Being able to grow their own medicine at home

  • Medical marijuana home delivery services

Since January of 2019, the State of Ohio has brought in more than $132 million in revenue through its medical marijuana program, a number that continues to grow each day.


Report Summary

In the Ohio State University report on the state’s medical marijuana program, it is clear that satisfaction among patients is rising steadily. One of the things that upsets patients most is the high cost of medical products.


However, according to the report, the cost of medical marijuana products is slowly going down over time. Ohio continues to introduce legislation to make the program more affordable and accessible to those who need it most.


Medical marijuana patients want to be able to grow their own medicine so that they can avoid paying an arm and a leg at dispensaries. The legalization of home cultivation is something that may increase the number of active patients in Ohio.


There are many ways you can save money at dispensaries. Check out our blog on how to save at dispensaries for more information.


Get Your Medical Marijuana Card Today

Ohio’s medical marijuana program continues to improve year after year, and there really is no better time to get your card! If you have any questions or are not sure if you would qualify, we can help!


In order to visit a dispensary in the State of Ohio, you will need your medical marijuana card. With telemedicine, you can even get your card from the comfort of your own home!


If you don’t already have your card, we can help! You can even have your appointment from the comfort of your own home and get your recommendation on the same day! Schedule an appointment with one of our physicians today to see if you qualify.


 

Doctors Who Care.

Relief You Can Trust.


Here at Ohio Marijuana Card, our goal is to help everyone achieve wellness safely and conveniently through increased access to medical marijuana. Our focus on education, inclusion, and acceptance will reduce the stigma for our patients by providing equal access to timely information and compassionate care.


If you have any questions, call us at (866) 457-5559, or simply book a medical marijuana evaluation to start getting relief you can trust today!

Comments


bottom of page